Reading as a habit has proven to be therapeutic and beneficial for the personal development of any individual across the globe. Whether one is in school, college or working, reading helps in every phase of life.
From a student’s perspective: If you’re looking to study abroad or looking for admission to a prestigious university, not only abroad but also in India, then you need to inculcate in yourself the habit of reading.
With COVID-19 already dampening our spirits, we feel that reading is the best way to survive this lockdown.
I want to read, but nothing interests me. What should I do?
You can start reading your local newspaper for a minimum of 15 minutes every day. Pick up a topic of your interest, politics, sports or fashion, but the idea is to inspire yourself to pursue reading in a way that prepares you not only for the SAT or ACT but also for a lifetime of academic and intellectual development.
Tutela has curated a list of books, magazines, and periodicals that are recommended for reading. These resources have proven to be particularly helpful for students in scoring well in the Reading sections of the various standardized exams.
You can purchase the book(s) with the help of the links provided. We suggest choosing a book based on your interest. Hence, remember to read the description of a book before committing to it.
Recommended Books for IB/IGCSE/ISC/CBSE students
Recommended Reading for ACT/SAT/AP/Subject SATs aspirants
Recommended Periodicals, Magazines & Blogs
1. The New York Times – (https://www.nytimes.com/)
2. The Wall Street Journal – (https://www.wsj.com/)
3. The Atlantic Monthly – (https://www.theatlantic.com/world/)
4. National Geographic – (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/)
5. Smithsonian Magazine – (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/)
1. Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin
2. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
3. The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene
4. The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker
5. Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks
Make it this year’s target to read at least 5 books. It will only take one book to make you believe in the magic of reading. So, go on! take the plunge.
Fill out Tutela’s student assistance form or call us directly at +91-8826345541 for any further queries.